Long a Wild Coast bestseller, the area covered in this map is the main corridor of Johnstone Strait including famed Robson Bight, the key congregation point for killer whales in their annual migration along northern Vancouver Island. It also covers Broughton Archipelago Provincial Park and the western extent including all of Malcolm Island.
While still available in limited quantities, this mapsheet is being replaced by the new Deck Topper series, which includes these benefits:
- Optimal sizing for on-water and desktop use.
- Heavy-duty synthetic paper for maximum durability.
- Updated information. All mapsheets are printed in 2022 and will be updated throughout the year as we print in-house in small quantities.
- More textual support for logistics and trip planning. No guidebook is needed.
- Optimal scaling for improved readability.
- More details including UTM gridlines for easier distance calculations.
The following are the updated and improved options in the Deck Topper series:
#238 Broughton-Johnstone. The essential mapsheet for journeys into Johnstone Strait and the Broughton Archipelago, this covers the southern area of Broughton Archipelago and Johnstone Strait to Robson Bight, the killer whale reserve.
#239 Gilford Island. The extension into the northeast section of the region and the interiors waters including Tribune Channel, lower Knight Inlet and Kingcome Inlet.
#240 North Broughtons. The companion to #238, this extends northward covering the northern section of Broughton Archipelago into Grappler Sound including the Broughton Islands.
#611 The Broughton-Johnstone Expedition Bundle. Get the bundle and save by buying all three together.
Shipping information: See shipping alerts and shipping policy details here.